Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Invocation to Frey (Freyr)

Disclaimer: So before I get to the invocation, I should say that I combed the web as I prepared to write these so if a line or two remind you of someone else's, I probably read it as inspiration. This (and my others) are rough drafts. This one is not overly personal (written specifically for me to use) but others are. Feel free to use them, but if you post them on the web, please link back to me.

Hail Lord of the Fields,
the warrior without a weapon,
you who make the grain sprout forth,
and you who falls at harvest;
Every year of your life, death, and rebirth,
just as the earth mirrors you.
Give me a love bound with commitment,
a love bound to the land.
As one must toil for the harvest,
teach me that love is worth working for.
Bless my life with
a land to call my own,
a love to warm me,
through the harshest winter,
and faith in the coming spring
and the bountiful harvest
after a season of work.
Frey,
Witness This!


No comments:

Post a Comment