Monday, April 27, 2015

Invocation to Odin

Disclaimer: So before I get to the invocation, I should say that I combed the web as I prepared to write these so if a line or two remind you of someone else's, I probably read it as inspiration. This (and my others) are rough drafts. This one is not overly personal (written specifically for me to use) but others are. Feel free to use them, but if you post them on the web, please link back to me.

Hail All-Father,
Wise Warrior,
One-Eyed Wanderer,
Come share my food and fire.
Tell me your stories of wisdom,
the secrets your missing eye sees.
Let me feel the love of both book and blade,
 experience fury and joy, 
and heed the tales of my elders.

You who chooses half of the slain, 
look upon my deeds
and when my time comes
Let my end be worthy of song.
Let me understand sacrifice,
remember well, 
and journey far,
Odin 
Witness This!


No comments:

Post a Comment