Friday, January 9, 2015

An Introduction to my Cat

Belladonna is a rescue, I adopted her when she was 9 weeks old. I had originally wanted another kitten who looked like a baby cheetah with all her spots, but she was already being adopted. Broken hearted, my fiance took me to their back cages where the pets that were not being featured were kept. There they had several black cats, tuxedos, and tabbies. Of the kittens, there was a tuxedo girl who was a talker, a black male missing half a tail (it looked too long to be Manx or Bobbed, but it could have been), and a fluffy black kitten who hated being alone. My fiance, loving long-haired cats, went to "Millie" (the name they gave her to keep up with her information) and asked to take her out. I was still upset about not getting the kitten I had wanted, so I was resisting falling for her. Then my fiance put her in my arms. She hated being held, but she loved people. So she would stand on our shoulders, wrapping her extra long and fluffy tail around our necks. Something made me want her and I adopted her on the spot.

We named her Belladonna, Bella for short or around my conservative Christian family, and she was loved by all. She would sing instead of meow to greet us and loved to play fetch. She loves stealing pillows and blankets, and while she still hates being held, she doesn't mind pets. Now she is too big to stand on our shoulders, but she loves to run up and down stairs. She has what we call Speedys and Wild Kitty moments when she runs full speed around the house for no apparent reason. This is how we think she chipped one of her canines. But she is goofy, laying on her back with all four paws up to sleep, singing and fussing to us to go to bed so she can prowl in the dark, and she has an obsession with honey-baked ham.

She has rarely been alone so we are considering getting her a buddy. We have talked about a Sphynx, a Ragdoll, a Norwegian Forest Cat, or even a Javanese/Balinese, but it will be once we have our own place. Until then, this little fluff ball is princess of my heart, right after my Queen, my fiance.


No comments:

Post a Comment