Monday, January 26, 2015

Tarot: The Magician I

We move to the second card of the major arcana. This card is associated with wisdom and I love the imagery of a winged cat. If I was to make my own deck, however I would like to make this card "The Artisan". As the Magician is a person who knows their craft, not necessarily magical. This card's background is one of my favorites because of all the details.


My Meaning:
This card symbolizes working towards a goal and bettering yourself through a pursuit of wisdom. With this card you are inspired to apply skill and initiative to accomplish all your goals.  This card honors the wisdom of someone who knows what they do, and works with creativity by utilising the skills, tools and resources that are available to you. This fits the cat (and my idea for The Artisan) because of their secret wisdom and creativity to use their resources to get what they want.

Reversed:
Just as a cat can use their creativity and resourcefulness to manipulate, the reverse of this card warns of greed and manipulation that can happen with the skills. This means your true potential is not realized because you are using your skills to take advantage of others, not better yourself. Similarly, the Magician reversed can suggest that you have a particular skill or talent that could help your growth but you are not yet using this skill.

In fact this card recently came up in one of my spreads for myself so I am having to look within to find that skill I may be overlooking. When researching this card one line of an example stuck out for me:
"For example, you may be studying the Tarot and reading for friends and family but what you do not realise is that you have a real talent for reading Tarot and could be reading professionally for a much wider audience. If you were to expand your Tarot reading, you may find that it also has benefits for your own spiritual journey." 

No comments:

Post a Comment