Saturday, March 21, 2015

Missing my Partner's Birthday

So I know it can seem silly to be more upset to miss your significant other's birthday than, say, Valentine's Day. For me, however, missing my SO's birthday is worse. I couldn't be there to make the day special in little ways because I know my SO doesn't like their birthday and has negative memories tied to it, but I try my best to cheer them up and make it a special day. Being several hours away and unable to go visit, I couldn't do this for them. I barely even got to talk to them and all I could do was send a card because I have no income to buy them a gift.

I love my partner so much and I feel terrible not getting to show them. We have been long distance for 10 months and it is killing me a little bit every day we are apart and even more so when it is a day that should have been special.


No comments:

Post a Comment