Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Crystal Gems: Steven Universe




Now to bring the whole group of the Crystal Gems as ponies together. I am not overly happy with Garnet and Amethyst, but their designs don't translate as well as Pearl and Rose Quartz.

Garnet's cutie mark is Ruby and Sapphire's gems with swirls to show them fusing. I made Garnet a unicorn to fit her "magical" ability to see into the future.

Amethyst's cutie mark is her whip. I wanted to give her a more personal one but not related to food or being messy, ultimately I stuck with the whip to keep it a cutie mark that isn't gross or weird. I made amethyst an earth pony since she was born on earth and she can easily look like a unicorn or pegasus if she wanted.

Pearl's cutie mark consists of her spear, her sword, and her (very poorly drawn) violin. I chose a pegasus for her because of her graceful movements.

Rose Quartz's cutie mark is the symbol on her flag which represented her shield. I made her a princess because I see her as being an extremely powerful gem and was the leader of the Crystal Gems.







No comments:

Post a Comment